3 April 2016

Outfit of the Day - Godh Bharai

This post is quite late in coming. But at last I am sharing pics from my Godh Bharai :) For those who do not understand, Godh Bharai is equivalent to a baby shower in India, but with a religious twist! It happens in the seventh month of pregnancy which in my case was September 2015. In a Godh Bharai, we light lamps, and ladies in the family (married ladies) give gifts and blessings to the expectant mother.

I wore a pink and gold saree for my Godh Bharai with lots of gold jewelry and flowers in my hair. All of this is a requirement since I am married into a South Indian family :)

Following are some pics of me :) Hope you like the saree! - Aditi, this post is especially for you! ;-)



Saree - from Pothy's in Madurai
Jewelery - gifted by mom for my wedding







23 comments:

  1. Looking cute in pink and gold saree.

    Cheers,
    Sriram & Krithiga

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is cute, nice attire
    Visit my website for new post
    http://www.melodyjacob.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Rosh, you look beautiful... I find the saree an intricate and beautiful item of clothing... these are great colors together xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!
    Congratulations! And wish you a happy healthy baby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So Beautiful. You look wonderful and I really enjoyed reading about the baby shower celebration.

    Deedee

    http://madeupgirl-madeupgirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMg u look so pretty ... congrats dear <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty!! i love your hair!! <3
    Thanks for visit my blog. Im your new follower on GFC
    xx
    http://rockmyboots.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous girl! Good luck and take care 😊❤️

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your blog, its really dope.
    Do you want to follow each other?
    If you want, than follow me, and let me know in comments, so I can follow you back with pleasure.

    We can follow each other on Instagram @andjela.dujovic, let me know in the comments so I can follow you back.

    www.bekleveer.com
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, you look amazing in your traditional clothes, dear!
    Love esecially your hairo and jewelry! :D
    xxx
    S
    http://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  11. The belly under the saree looks so beautiful!
    Have a great week dear : )
    Xx
    Larissa
    cenestquedelachance.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look so beautiful in your pink sari. I really like the jewellery and the flowers in your hair. Congrats on your baby, I wish you all the best to you and your family.

    http://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww...that is so sweet of yOu Rosh. Dedicating this post to me...m touched.
    U look so gorgeous..i love the saree...such a pretty pink it is. N i love the style of the blouse too.
    U r a vision in saree..u shud definitely wear more sarees.

    Aditi
    www.sosaree.in

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks beautiful, i love the gorgeous Colors :)

    lovely Greetings from Vienna!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete