16 January 2013

Roghan Badam Shirin - Review

I accidentally came across Roghan Badam Shirin a few months back when I was searching around for a good hair oil. And I can't stop raving about the many benefits of this product. I will list down below the different ways in which I use this oil.

Price: INR155 for 50ml


Ingredients: Almond oil made from Maghz Badam Shirin.

Uses (as used by me):
  • For hair: As I mentioned above, I was looking for a good hair oil. I usually mix Roghan Badam Shirin (RBS) with a bit of castor oil and oil from a vitamin E capsule (Evian 400) and heat this mix of oil by placing the bowl of oil in boiling water. Then, using a cotton ball, I apply liberally all over my scalp and the ends of my hair. I also apply a bit to the length of my hair. I do this at night and wash my hair in the morning. My hair feels beautifully nourished and smooth. I do not need a conditioner after my shampoo since my hair becomes so smooth.
  • For lips: I have really dry and chapped lips. So this winter, when my lips started peeling, I began applying RBS to my lips regularly. It gets soaked into the lips quite quickly and really nourishes them. And when I apply it to my lips, for a few minutes, my lips shine and it appears as if I have applied clear gloss. Definitely a plus! Only problem is with applying it again and again. But its worth it, since my lips have stopped peeling so much. And the best time to apply is before going to sleep, so that the oil has whole night to work on your lips.
  • For skin: I apply it around my eyes, on my eye lashes and the dry areas on my body (also on hubby :)) like elbows and knees at night before sleeping. Skin feels plump and smooth in the morning! I also add a couple of drops of the oil to my body lotion and then apply the lotion on my body. My body stays moisturized for much longer :).
  • For shoe bites: As mentioned in my shoe bite post, I apply almond oil on the insides of the shoes which bite (particularly rubber shoes or slippers like Crocs). This guarantees that there will be no shoe bites!
  • For kids: RBS is 100% pure almond oil. So it can be ingested. This will provide all the nutrients of almonds. In fact, I did think of drinking a spoonful everyday. But I already eat almonds in the morning, and since I apply it on my lips, I do end up drinking a bit of it ;)

As you can see, this oil is ultra-useful. And I cannot think of any cons for it. Not even the price! Given the benefits of this oil, it is well worth the price.

So have you used this oil? What do you think of it?

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous17.1.13

    I use this oil for massaging my infant and agree with you ...its magical

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes .. its excellent for massaging infants too! :)

      Delete
  2. Anonymous1.2.14

    My partner and I stumbled over here from a different
    website and thought I should check things out.
    I like what I see so now i'm following you. Look forward to going over your web page repeatedly.


    My website: http://www.Imamuwl.com/2014/01/29/gewusst-wie-behandeln-von-mudigkeit-und-stress/

    ReplyDelete